WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The Planning Technician, Stations and Facilities reports directly to the MetroBike Program Manager. This key position will manage, administer, and lead all aspects of station and facility placement within the MetroBike service area. Guided by expansion planning efforts, ad-hoc needs, safety modifications, or direction from management; this position identifies station and field amenity sites, drafts asset alignment diagrams, works with the City of Austin for permitting, and manages the installation of the assets in the field. This position may complete the movement or installation of asset in coordination with the CapMetro Public Facilities Division, an internal team for construction and installations, and/or contract with external resources to complete the work. The size and the scale of each project or job will vary in scope and complexity. This position will coordinate with the Supervisor, MetroBike Maintenance and Electric in station or amenity moves, installations or adjustments as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Note: The duties and primary responsibilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.?
- Manage, plan, develop, direct, and monitor the MetroBike station and amenities placement programming, including quality assurance of the work performed by internal or external staff or contractors.
- Interface and work cooperatively with other CapMetro departments, City of Austin employees, TXDOT and others to implement and support the proper and timely placement of MetroBike assets throughout the community.
- Coordinate closely between the MetroBike Operations team and the CapMetro Planning department to balance planning requests and operational requirements.
- Evaluate and propose improvements to MetroBike field asset installation and maintenance processes where practical including better efficiency, cost containment, quality, customer satisfaction, staff collaboration, and job satisfaction.
- Provide maintenance related comments and input on designs for new and modified field assets and facilities.
- Analyze operations and maintenance risk factors and recommend methods to minimize and control risk.
- Lead, coordinate, schedule, assign and inspect the daily work activities of assigned personnel and contractors in accordance with agency’s regulations, policies, and operating procedures and practices.
- Manage the workflow and prioritize projects and work orders; measure the performance of all related staff and inform management to take appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Develops, plans, and monitors effective intradepartmental and interdepartmental solutions to customer and service requirements related to MetroBike field assets.
- Coordinate with the City of Austin to acquire ROW for amenities.
- Interpret applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures related to station and facility planning.
- Act as project manager for MetroBike field asset improvement projects.
- Support CapMetro’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) process by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Planning, Real Estate, or related field. Relevant experience may be substituted on a year for year basis up to four (4) years.
- Three (3) years of related experience in building maintenance, fabrication, bikeshare planning, construction, amenity installations, project management, or general facilities maintenance.
- Knowledge of small electric engine repair
- Basic knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Knowledge of Austin service area and City of Austin building codes and permit processes.
- Knowledge of various construction techniques and methods including the ability to read and understand schematics and/or plans.
- Working knowledge of budget management principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, contractors, other agency personnel and the public; to organize and manage data and manage projects.
- Ability to oversee and direct consultants and contractors
- Must have adept people skills and professional and courteous behavior.
- Ability to guide and motivate employees to accomplish their objectives independently under general supervision.
This position is designated as a “circulating
” position. Employees in circulating positions are expected to come into the office daily for a check-in and check-out process but do not work in an individual workspace. Employees in circulating positions are assigned “gathering” space. CapMetro is in the early stages of mobility planning and the mobility status of this position could be subject to change.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
TO APPLY, PLEASE FOLLOW: https://fa-eujk-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/requisitions/preview/134