Your role will be to provide outstanding member service by processing and assisting in all aspects of the residential mortgage loan process in such a way that will strengthen member loyalty.
***IF NO RECENT MORTGAGE EXPERIENCE NEED NOT APPLY, WE WILL NOT LOOK AT YOUR RESUME***
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for processing residential mortgage loans to include conventional, Federal Housing Authority (FHA), Veteran’s Affairs (VA), jumbo, purchase, refinance, Texas home equity, and Home Equity Lines of Credit
- Review all underwriting conditions
- Order, review and retrieve conditions on all appraisals, title commitments, tax valuations, insurance, flood determination, surveys and payoffs.
- Address any department compliance and quality control findings.
- Manage mortgage pipeline in accordance with process flow expectations.
- Complete any related items for the processing team.
- Stay abreast and be a subject matter expert to current FNMA, FHLMC, FHLB, FHA, VA and other investor products and guidelines.
Certifications/Registrations: Registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and Registry on an annual basis in addition to maintaining updates as needed
What You Bring To the Team
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Three years mortgage processing experience required.
- Two years conventional processing experience with emphasis on FNMA and FHLMC loans using DU or LPA required.
- Knowledgeable in current processing requirements for FHA, VA, and Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac Conventional conforming and non-conforming loans.
- Working knowledge of mortgage lending practices, federal & state regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of necessary disclosure documentation for compliance purposes as it relates to Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Truth in Lending (TILA), Integrated Disclosure Rules, Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act, and Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA).
- Strong analytical, research, and problem resolution skills required.
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience with non-conventional, jumbo, FHA, and VA highly preferred.
- Experience with Texas home equity laws and regulations preferred.
- Prior credit union experience preferred.
- Additional specialized or technical training in mortgage lending preferred.
- Experience with LendingQB or Encompass loan origination systems preferred.
- Versatile with financial institution products and services, credit union preferred
- Strong ability to multi-task accurately and concisely
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Flexibility with hours they are able to work
- Highly dependable and reliable
- Strong level of organization and time management skills
- Prudent decision-making ability with a high level of deductive reasoning