Come work as a Board Consultant at a large nonprofit organization in northwest Austin that offers great benefits with a wide range of opportunities to advance and learn alongside a team of talented professionals.
About the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB)
The Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) has been promoting educational excellence for all Texas schoolchildren since 1949. We provide a wide variety of services and programs to help public school board members serve their communities more effectively and to help school districts function more efficiently.
Since 2009, TASB has regularly made the top 10 list in the large-employer category of the Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in Central Texas.
Our inclusive, friendly work environment encourages employees to innovate, collaborate, and grow. We employ a diverse mix of professional, technical, risk management, and administrative staff.
At Texas Association of School Boards, the health and safety of our employees, and members, is our top priority. We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities.
About the Position
TASB is seeking an experienced, dynamic board development consultant to provide in-district consultation with Texas school boards and manage our association’s premier leadership development program. Highly qualified applicants will have a history of effective board development sessions and workshops and be able to demonstrate expertise in Texas public school governance.
- Diagnose needs for learning and skill building of individual trustees and school boards
- Facilitate team building, district planning, and board development sessions for local school districts
- Provide specialized consulting services for local boards, trustees, and others on governance issues
- Develop information and training materials for publications, online learning, and workshops, on topics related to school governance
- Monitor assigned online learning courses as instructor/subject matter expert
- Manage planning and operations of the Leadership TASB program and L-TASB Alumni
- Familiarity with local school district operations and local school board activities and concerns
- Proven ability developing and facilitating adult learning
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with diverse and sometimes divisive groups
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Bilingual preferred
Education and Experience
- M.A. in education, or related field (or equivalent of B.A. and experience) required
- 5+ years of experience developing and providing adult learning preferred
- Experience serving on a local school board preferred
- Additional experience serving on other boards and/or working with boards preferred
It will be necessary to travel and work outside of typical business hours. Travel requirements may average 75 nights out annually with additional days and nights in the Austin metro area.
Why Apply at TASB?
- Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, paid disability, life insurance, and flexible spending, as well as a retirement plan with company matching and an employee assistance program. We have generous paid leave and holiday time too!
- Convenient staff-supportive amenities like an on-site child care center, mini- market, fitness room, and more.
- Professional growth and advancement opportunities in a wide range of areas, including tuition reimbursement and robust training and development programs.
- A diverse, inclusive work environment that celebrates the unique perspectives and talents of all employees.
- A friendly company culture that encourages a healthy work-life balance.
Learn More and Apply
Learn more about what it is like to be a TASBite by visiting tasb.org or by following us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. All job applications must be submitted online through our ADP application system. Only those candidates that closely meet the job’s requirements will be selected for interview and contacted.
- TASB is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, disability, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
- This position does not qualify for visa sponsorship.
- This position is subject to a background check. Any job offer is contingent upon receipt of results of a satisfactory background check.