Headquartered in Austin, Texas, LCRA is a billion-dollar public enterprise that has been electrifying the Texas Hill Country since 1934. We provide electricity and water for more than a million people, protect people from flooding on 600 miles of Texas’s Colorado River, and manage 11,000+ acres of parks. The functions within the Chief Administrative Officer’s team are a critical foundation for all that we do.
This position serves a key leadership role in successfully delivering CAO services to the business. Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer, this role serves as the principal operational architect, designer, and planner to ensure that 300+ individual services across 22 distinct teams are intelligently designed, cataloged, planned, executed, measured and aligned with customer expectations. The VP, Service Quality & Planning leads a smart and agile team of Program Managers and Business Analysts to accomplish mutlifaceted and sophisticated initiatives.
This leader is the:
1. Custodian of the CAO service catalog and a custom-tailor of service level agreements;
2. Designer of new services and innovations to existing services;
3. Integrator of cross-departmental work processes, team relationships, and information architectures;
4. Facilitator of the CAO business planning process, integrator of departmental budgets into a cohesive whole, and provider of budget-to-actual transparency across the CAO organization;
5. Tech-savvy business leader who advises on the application of innovative technologies to improve business outcomes;
6. Developer of project charters for all major initiatives, especially those in technology;
7. Problem solver and leader of high-stakes, cross-functional initiatives;
8. Presenter and trusted communicator to senior leadership and Board of Directors;
9. Active listener and source of strategic insights about customer needs; and,
10. Guardian of service quality and the customer experience.
What you will do:
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Hires, trains, assigns work, evaluates and leads performance, determines compensation of staff in compliance with human resources policies; handles all aspects of staff supervision.
What qualifications you must have:
- Fourteen or more years of experience in progressively responsible business and/or technology management, with at least five years a leadership role over project teams, operational departments and/or consulting engagement teams.
What qualifications it would be nice for you to have:
- Experience in product design, service design, and/or information architecture
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- 401(k) match up to 8%
- Paid time off, sick leave and disability benefits
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development program
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.