Facilities Process Manager
City of Austin
$33.21 – $43.17
Company Website: http://library.austintexas.gov/
Job Close: January 3, 2020
Application link: http://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/80574
Candidate must possess in-depth experience with overseeing facility plans, from reconfiguring the wing of a building to replacing an entire facility, and in developing facility solutions that include preventative maintenance, knowledge of real estate, space planning and property management, including knowledge of alternative workplace solutions and Reliability Centered Maintenance processes. Must be able to exercise sound critical thinking and judgment to handle complex matters; and must possess excellent listening, problem solving, oral and written communication skills.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised: Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Reviews, monitors, and oversees Department Master Plan activities that align and integrate strategic plans into the design and functionality of workspaces and facilities.
- Facilitates the allocation and utilization of workspace for efficient and productive business operations in alignment with business needs and long term plans.
- Monitors and analyzes usage trends within established service territory and plans, designs, and implements changes and enhancements into facilities management.
- Plans and implements facility and facility system modifications and improvements to include general maintenance, technological upgrades, space planning and energy efficiency.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates general maintenance, major repairs, remodeling, or construction projects for City of Austin facilities. Oversees contracts related to landscaping, HVAC, pest control and elevator maintenance
- Oversees lease and/or purchase activities to include site selection and recommendations, cost control, and lease agreements.
- Establishes, implements, and reviews policies, protocols, and procedures promoting safety regulations and code compliance related to the operation of heating, air handling, and electrical and mechanical control systems.
- Prepares, presents, and monitors the facilities management and Capital Improvement project budget.
- Reviews, analyzes, and prepares written and oral reports for City Management and City Council
- Promotes sustainability by facilitating continuous improvement of facilities to meet the requirements set forth in the Environmental Climate Protection program and environmental system ordinances.
- Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation.
- Knowledge of city practice, policy, and procedure.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of maintenance and repair operations.
- Knowledge of supervisory and managerial techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of workspaces, design and building maintenance systems.
- Knowledge of sustainability concepts and design practices.
- Knowledge of building automation systems (life safety alarm systems, mechanical and lighting controls).
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in managing multiple programs, projects, and tasks.
- Skill in negotiations and handling conflict resolution
- Skill in analyzing complex data from various sources, synthesizing collected information, and developing sound decisions/recommendations
- Skill in developing, reviewing, monitoring, and evaluating contracts for services and/or materials
- Ability to manage multiple projects and programs simultaneously within approved budgets
- Ability to quickly recognize and analyze irregular events.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent communication and working relationships with city personnel and the public.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business, Architecture, Engineering, Construction or a related degree, plus five (5) years’ experience in a related field, two (2) of which must have been in a supervisory capacity. Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
- The ideal candidate must be able to exercise sound critical thinking and judgment to handle complex matters; and must possess excellent listening, problem solving, oral and written communication skills. In addition, the ideal candidate must possess strong consulting and influencing skills with the ability to build trust and maximize relationships with employees at all levels.
- In-depth experience with overseeing facility plans, from reconfiguring the wing of a building to replacing an entire facility, and in developing facility solutions that include preventative maintenance, are forward-thinking yet practical, cost-effective, and are evidence-based.
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service, handling complex issues, and resolving escalated concerns.
- Experience with leadership application of quality assurance, process improvement, and change management.
- Experience with applying data analytics to identify and implement programs to improve the customer experience.
- Experience with project oversight and taking high-level operational concepts to actualization, implementation and execution.
- Experience developing and presenting technical information to non-technical audiences, and presenting to elected/appointed bodies, executives, and other applicable stakeholders.
- Experience with financial and technical system implementations and integrations.
- Ability to manage the department’s inventory of property to ensure safe operations and in managing staff to keep each location maintained, cleaned and secured.
- In-depth knowledge of real estate, space planning and property management, including knowledge of alternative workplace solutions and Reliability Centered Maintenance processes.
- Experience in vendor selection, management and vendor contract compliance in a municipal or regulated environment.
- Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License.