Understanding benefits can be confusing especially when it involves time away from work. If you enjoy helping employees and managers with their leave and security benefits, then LCRA has an opportunity for you as a Leave of Absence, Benefits Specialist Sr. at our Austin, TX location. The Leave of Absence, Benefits Specialist Specialist Sr. is knowledgeable about benefits administration as well as leave programs and security benefits. As this is an employee and manager facing role, our seasoned Benefits Specialists, are great communicators, friendly, and compassionate - especially during an employee’s difficult time.
What you will do:
What qualifications you must have:
- Administers a variety of leave of absence programs such as Family Medical Leave (FMLA), Workers Compensation, and Short-and Long-term disability.
- Consults with and advises participants at all levels, including senior managers and executives, on eligibility, provisions and other matters related to leave programs and security benefits.
- Ensures that programs are carried out in accordance with LCRA's policies, plan documents and procedures. Maintains benefit records
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations. Analyzes issues arising out of legislation that affect plan design. Makes recommendations in order to preserve legal compliance. Facilitates legal updates to plans and summary plan descriptions and distributes documentation to the workforce as required.
- Evaluates effectiveness of and identifies best practices in leave/security benefit administration. Develops, reviews, implements and documents internal administrative procedures that result in effective benefit plan administration. Makes recommendations for efficiency improvements and automation of processes.
- Assists in the preparation and communication of employee benefits.
- Participates in RFP processes as assigned. Provides broker with the information needed for proposal process as directed. Reviews and provides input on vendor selection.
- Interacts with employees and managers and communicates LCRA leave programs and security benefits clearly and concisely. Translates complex data and/or benefits information into easily understood terms for current employees, employee dependent(s), and retirees of LCRA.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships and partnerships with all stakeholders
- May perform analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and identify trend information. Interprets results and makes recommendations related to plan design, vendor performance, and related matters and ensure services are delivered effectively and in accordance with plan terms and service agreements.
Nine or more years of experience in human resources, including three or more years experience in benefits.
A degree(s) in human resources, business administration or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
What qualifications it would be nice for you to have:
Degree in human resources, business administration or relevant field
Certified Benefits Professional designation and/or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist designation
Experience performing benefits and/or retirement administration and analysis
Experience in program and/or plan design, including cost management strategies
Experience working with vendors to assemble and administer plans to meet business and employee population needs
Experience in design and administration of defined contribution and defined benefit retirement plans
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- 401(k) match up to 8%
- Paid time off, sick leave and disability benefits
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development program
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.