WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Do you want to be a part of an organization who is passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion? CapMetro is the place for you!
The Program Manager, Compliance reports directly to the Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. This position is responsible for managing and assuring compliance with federal regulations through auditing, monitoring, tracking, training, policy updating, and reporting the Authority's compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Environmental Justice and Limited English Proficiency requirements, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)/Small Business Enterprise (SBE) programs, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) program, and other related civil rights legislations and FTA issues. Administer, direct and coordinate the Authority's Title VI and Limited English Proficiency plans. Additionally, the incumbent will develop federal and state regulatory reports, as well as internal reports for the Operations Committee of the Board of Directors and provide data and other statistical information as per request from legal and other departments. Work under general direction with extensive latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communications, Public Relations, or related field. Related experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years.
• Seven (7) years of progressively responsible combined experience in public transportation, DBE, SBE, Minority, WBE, Civil Rights and Title VI program compliance required.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing a Title VI/Environmental Justice/Civil Rights Program preferred.
• Familiarity or experience with minority, government, or business programs (SBA, DBE, HUB, MBE, WBE, etc.) preferred.
• Experience in the areas of planning, research, program development and budgeting required. A background in transportation services is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must stay current on Title VI/Environmental Justice/Civil Rights regulations and laws.
• A high level of technical expertise demonstrated through advanced problem solving, planning, investigative and analytical skills are critical for successful development and administration of ensuring compliance
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Skill in composing and preparing correspondence, reports, and forms.
• Skill in maintaining records according to established policies and procedures.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a diverse population.
• Effective organizational development, project coordination and problem-solving skills.
• Effective planning and strategic management skills.
• Skill in using PC word-processing, spreadsheet, and database management software application.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
For more information and to apply, visit: https://capmetro.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/456?c=capmetro