Come work as a Platform Delivery Manager at a large nonprofit organization in northwest Austin that offers great benefits with a wide range of opportunities to advance and learn alongside a team of talented professionals.
About the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB)
The Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) has been promoting educational excellence for all Texas schoolchildren since 1949. We provide a wide variety of services and programs to help public school board members serve their communities more effectively and to help school districts function more efficiently.
Since 2009, TASB has regularly made the top 10 list in the large-employer category of the Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in Central Texas.
Our inclusive, friendly work environment encourages employees to innovate, collaborate, and grow. We employ a diverse mix of professional, technical, risk management, and administrative staff.
At Texas Association of School Boards, the health and safety of our employees, and members, is our top priority. We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. Due to the current pandemic situation, this will start as a remote position, but will transition to onsite at TASB headquarters when the office reopens.
About the Position
We are looking for a Platform Delivery Manager to work in a fast-paced Risk Management Services department to support TASB Divisions including but not limited to: Risk Solutions; ALP; Underwriting & Marketing and Workers Compensation.
- Provide oversight and management of Platform Support Analysts Team and support RMS portfolio of Service Requests, Platform defects/bug fixes and Vendor Performance Management.
- This position will work collectively with each Division/Business Unit; multiple teams within IT and Vendor Partners to resolve in a timely manner all BU incidents, RMS system Issues, Security Threats/Intrusions and support new service requests and/or project initiatives.
- This position will report to RMS Asst. Director within SIOS (Strategic Initiatives Operation Support) Team.
- Analyze, evaluate the workload of each Support Analyst and ensure knowledge across all systems is transparent and uniform.
- Coordinate and manage meetings with Business Units and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on daily basis for functional requirements gathering and technical problem solving for defects/incidents raised in TASB ticket system.
- Perform and manage weekly team reviews; annual performance evaluations of staff and outline improvement areas that require corrective action. Assess system knowledge of staff and outline training classes required to improve performance of their role.
- Strong working knowledge of Service Now; SaaS and PaaS Platform Operations, Finance Systems and CRM Platforms. Excellent troubleshooting/management skills requiring multiple partners to engage to resolve defects and/or project blockers.
- Manage User Security Access Strategy in cooperation with IT and Business Unit to ensure controls and policy is established and maintained on regular basis
- Oversee Stress/Smoke testing on Platform and systems upgrades; Patches and Major/Minor releases
- Ensure that software upgrades/patches are delivered by vendor partners are properly tested; documented and Software Roadmap is being managed
- Interact with TASB software vendors based on Project deliverables and work with vendor to update software for changes to existing Platforms, Applications and Integrated Systems.
Platform and System Experience Preferred:
- Insurance policy/Claim System is strongly desired based on SaaS, PaaS or other platform management system. Preferably Origami Risk SaaS Platform or GuideWire experience is desired or similar system.
- Data Warehouse experience/knowledge and maintaining Data Quality at Enterprise level for Small to Medium organizations
- MS Office Suite- Advance skills
- MS Teams and Zoom Video Conferencing Systems-Basic Knowledge
- Service Now, SharePoint Document Management/Storage System- Advanced Skills
This role will be located at TASB main Campus in Austin, Texas and minimal travel will be required. Due to Pandemic, a flexible onsite/remote schedule will be developed and managed on monthly basis. There will be some weekend and Holiday work required based on emergency tickets, Platform alerts and scheduled system maintenance and support.
Why Apply at TASB?
- Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, paid disability, life insurance, and flexible spending, as well as a retirement plan with company matching and an employee assistance program. We have generous paid leave and holiday time too!
- Convenient staff-supportive amenities like an on-site child care center, mini- market, fitness room, and more.
- Professional growth and advancement opportunities in a wide range of areas, including tuition reimbursement and robust training and development programs.
- A diverse, inclusive work environment that celebrates the unique perspectives and talents of all employees.
- A friendly company culture that encourages a healthy work-life balance.
Learn More and Apply
Learn more about what it is like to be a TASBean by visiting tasb.org or by following us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. All job applications must be submitted online through our ADP application system. Only those candidates that closely meet the job’s requirements will be selected for interview and contacted.
- TASB is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, disability, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
- This position does not qualify for visa sponsorship.
- This position is subject to a background check. Any job offer is contingent upon receipt of results of a satisfactory background check.