Come work as an Adjuster – Auto Litigation at a large nonprofit organization in northwest Austin that offers great benefits with a wide range of opportunities to advance and learn alongside a team of talented professionals.
About the Texas Association of School Boards
The Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) has been promoting educational excellence for all Texas schoolchildren since 1949. We provide a wide variety of services and programs to help public school board members serve their communities more effectively and to help school districts function more efficiently.
Since 2009, TASB has regularly made the top 10 list in the large-employer category of the Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in Central Texas.
Our inclusive, friendly work environment encourages employees to innovate, collaborate, and grow. We employ a diverse mix of professional, technical, risk management, and administrative staff.
At Texas Association of School Boards, the health and safety of our employees, and members, is our top priority. We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. Due to the current pandemic situation, this will start as a remote position, but will transition to onsite at TASB headquarters when the office reopens.
About the Position
We are looking for an Adjuster – Auto Litigation to work in a fast-paced Auto, Liability and Property Claims Administration department to be responsible for proactively managing an inventory of litigated automobile and general liability claims within established guidelines and procedures.
- Investigate, analyze, evaluate, and resolve litigated third-party bodily injury and property damage claims
- Collaborate with panel attorneys on defense strategy for litigated auto claims
- Ensure compliance by defense counsel to the Fund’s Litigation Guidelines
- Identify cases that may necessitate the engagement of experts
- Ensure that all litigated claims are handled in accordance with Best Practices Guidelines and in accordance with established reserve, payment, and settlement authorities
- Ensure panel attorney fee bills are accurate and paid in a timely manner
- Attend depositions, mediations and trials as needed
- Identify claim handling trends and regularly share those findings with the auto claim team
- Regularly review the Auto Litigation Guidelines and Best Practices Guide for relevance and completeness
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of claim handling principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of coverage language and the application of coverage language to fact patterns
- Demonstrated knowledge of Governmental Immunity and the Texas Tort Claims Act
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the litigation process
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of medical concepts and terminology
- Excellent customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, although High School diploma or equivalent is acceptable if there is a demonstrated history of excellence in prior positions
- Five years of claim handling experience
- Two years of experience managing litigated claims
- Have/Obtain and maintain active Texas Adjuster’s License
Why Apply at TASB?
- Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, paid disability, life insurance, and flexible spending, as well as a retirement plan with company matching and an employee assistance program. We have generous paid leave and holiday time too!
- Convenient staff-supportive amenities like an on-site childcare center, mini- market, fitness room, and more.
- Professional growth and advancement opportunities in a wide range of areas, including tuition reimbursement and robust training and development programs.
- A diverse, inclusive work environment that celebrates the unique perspectives and talents of all employees.
- A friendly company culture that encourages a healthy work-life balance.
Learn More and Apply
Learn more about what it is like to be a TASBean by visiting tasb.org or by following us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. All job applications must be submitted online through our ADP application system. Only those candidates that closely meet the job’s requirements will be selected for interview and contacted.
- TASB is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, disability, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
- This position does not qualify for visa sponsorship.
- This position is subject to a background check. Any job offer is contingent upon receipt of results of a satisfactory background check.