About the Role
The multimedia producer and videographer will serve as the LBJ Presidential Library and LBJ
Foundation’s primary audiovisual producer, storyteller, and documentarian. This is an exciting time
for our organization as the multimedia producer and videographer has an unprecedented
opportunity to produce storytelling assets including virtual and live programming; a podcast; and
video content for social media and the Library and Foundation's website, www.lbjlibrary.org.
Additionally, this year the Library will be opening a one-of-a-kind internally-curated exhibition
honoring the life and legacy of Lady Bird Johnson and, in 2021, will celebrate the 50th anniversary
of the LBJ Library.
The role has a balanced mix of technical and creative responsibilities with flexibility and opportunity
to make the position your own.
Essential responsibilities include:
• Lead the production team for live and virtual programming as well as video or audio
segments incorporated into that programming.
• Manage the production process for the podcast “With the Bark Off”
• Produce assets for social media posts, including use of video, audio, and photos to
• Videotape, produce, and edit web and social media-ready videos of events and
• Provide day-to-day administration, operation, evaluation, maintenance, and support of
onsite assets and other equipment as needed.
• Be part of a team and work with archivists, museum curators, education specialists, the
digital team, and various other departments to create and produce web and social media-
ready video content, both short and long form, that promotes events and programming,
exhibitions, educational curriculum, legacy stories, and more.
• Manage live feed for programs in the LBJ Auditorium – possibly starting January 2021.
• In this new virtual world, re-imagine use of the VYVX studio, including backdrop and
branding the studio to the LBJ Library or LBJ Foundation.
Skills and experience:
• Live event production experience essential; virtual programming production and podcast
• Experience as a videographer.
• Strong video editing expertise in Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro.
• Preferred experience in Adobe Photoshop and After Effects.
• While there will be subject-level experts to help in this process, it would be extremely
helpful to have experience in storyboarding and script writing.
• Familiarity with a range of audiovisual equipment, including DSLRs and ENGs, sound
production, studio lighting, and more.
• Proven experience in digital video production, editing, and digital media, particularly if that
experience is in a newsroom, museum, or cultural institution.
• Familiarity with social media platforms
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to