Jupiter Power is an energy infrastructure company focused on the development, construction, and operation of energy storage assets in wholesale electricity markets. The Jupiter team has a long history of successful ventures in the power industry and commenced development of both its project pipeline and proprietary software technology in 2017. In 2019 Jupiter partnered with a leading private equity firm to roll out its project portfolio. Jupiter will be bringing its first projects online in Q1 2021.
Jupiter seeks to grow its team with the recruitment of a highly motivated, mid-level attorney to serve as Counsel, reporting to the CEO. The ideal candidate will have experience in a broad range of corporate and infrastructure project-related law, including project development, construction, and transactional work, preferably in the renewable energy field. As the first legal hire at a fastgrowing start-up, the successful candidate will be able to work on a range of legal issues for the company, as well as business and strategy matters alongside senior management.
Work across teams within the Company to support execution of key tasks including those listed below.
• Draft, review and negotiate legal agreements spanning project, corporate and transactional areas
• Review/revise NDAs, PSAs and other contractor/counterparty agreements; Support real estate, title, interconnection and other development agreements; Support EPC and Operations agreement negotiations and revisions
• Hire and manage outside legal counsel and billings
• Assist company on litigation and intellectual property matters
• Provide legal support to Jupiter’s development, construction, operations, compliance and trading teams
•Help manage corporate governance and compliance
• Work with Jupiter’s CEO and leadership team on a variety of business, strategy and policy related projects Jupiter Power LLC | www.jupiterpower.io
• Bachelors and JD required
• Must be licensed to practice law in the United States
• At least 5+ years of legal experience, preferably in infrastructure development and finance
• Experience with garden variety development, EPC, operations, project finance and/or regulatory agreements and issues
• Comfortable with ambiguity and making business decisions with limited information
• Eager to wear multiple hats depending on business need and project priorities
• High comfort level with small teams & organizations, with the curiosity and enthusiasm to innovate and formulate new ideas and to bring the best out of co-workers.
• Unafraid to take ownership and initiative, in order to be to be effective within a highly motivated, fast-moving team.
• (Preferred) Familiarity with energy storage and renewable energy technologies and deployments
Compensation and benefits offered will be commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the candidate. The role will be based in Austin, TX or Chicago, IL.