Type: Full-time, salary with health and retirement benefits
Employer: LBJ Foundation Location: LBJ Presidential Library, Austin, Texas
Schedule: Normal business hours with occasional evening and weekend hours due to events
About the Role
As the director of digital strategy, you will lead and maintain the creative and long-term strategic development and implementation of the LBJ Presidential Library and LBJ Foundation's digital and social strategy. Areas of work include, but are not limited to, content, social media, design, digital marketing, email marketing, brand management, research and analytics, and website development and user experience. This role is also responsible for the supervision of the library and foundation's digital team's output and performance and annual budget.
Implement the library and foundation's social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Giphy, etc.), including creating and curating content and visual assets for a 365-day content calendar, paid advertising, and campaign executions, as well as community management, moderation, and reporting for all platforms.
Oversee with the Communications Director the execution of the library and foundation's email communications, including various department monthly newsletters, event promotions and invitations, donor campaigns, and retail marketing campaigns.
Lead the long-term strategic development and daily management of the library and foundation's websites (lbjlibrary.org, lbjlibrary.net, lbjfoundation.org), the library's digital archive (discoverlbj.org), as well as for as-needed microsites in relation to events, online exhibitions, fundraising campaigns, and more. Also, act as the liaison and lead for any outside web projects with various external digital agencies and vendors.
Working with the library’s communication’s director, develop and implement online marketing and promotional plans targeting diverse audiences to increase outreach, sales, and attendance for a variety of library and foundation events, education programs, exhibitions, and more.
Lead and maintain the library and foundation's visual presence and brand identity across all online products and platforms as well as for all major events, general advertising, and marketing campaigns.
Oversee the execution of multimedia projects, including virtual programming, live event streams, podcasts, and more, with implementation duties divided amongst this role and other digital team members as well as in coordination with other library and foundation colleagues.
Copy edit and proofread communication releases, donor campaign materials, and other as needed promotion materials
Liaison or provider of digital archival resources, including photos, video, and audio, for media and/or partner organizations
Skills and Experience
• 5 years of professional experience working in a digital/social media capacity
• Complete proficiency with digital media practices, tools and platforms and social media
• A keen understanding of how digital strategies are applied to public relations and engagement and knowledge of digital trends
• Exceptional written, verbal, and especially visual communication skills
• Excellent editorial skills with a sound understanding of writing for the web and social media, and engaging online audiences
• Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media (Give links to profiles as examples)
• Excellent knowledge of a range of applications and software including social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Yelp, YouTube, LinkedIn), content management systems, and image-editing software
• General knowledge of SEO best practices • Working knowledge of Adobe CS: Photoshop Illustrator, InDesign
• Functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress
• Knowledge of web programming languages (HTML, CSS) and basic programming/ coding skills
• Website maintenance and graphics updates
• Good technical understanding and ability to pick up new tools quickly
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proven experience in project and time management
• Ability to set direction for, manage and delegate to a team
• Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities
• Willingness to work weekends and holidays for content for social media postings and website updates when necessary
• Ability to be flexible and open and work well with others
About the LBJ Presidential Library
Situated on a 30-acre site on The University of Texas at Austin campus, the LBJ Presidential Library is one of 14 presidential libraries administered by the National Archives and Records Administration. It houses 45 million pages of historical documents, 650,000 photos, 5,000 hours of recordings, and more than 54,000 artifacts from the political career of the 36th President of the United States, Lyndon B. Johnson.
In addition to serving as an archive and museum dedicated to Johnson’s life and political career, the library hosts special exhibitions, educational programming, and events throughout the year.