Job Title: Espero Rutland Case Manager
Department: Client Services
Reports To: Espero Rutland Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Full Time
COVID-19 Vaccine Required but subject to recognized exemptions
The Espero Rutland Case Manager provides permanent supportive housing services to people that have experienced homelessness, with an ultimate goal of stabilizing them in their housing situation at Espero Rutland, a high-quality apartment community which is deeply affordable and intensely supportive for 171 individuals experiencing homelessness. Direct service responsibilities include: determination of eligibility for housing services; assessment of needs; intensive case management; supportive services and referrals to appropriate agencies that can address program participants’ needs related to housing, income and well-being. The Case Manager is responsible for maintaining accurate financial assistance records, service delivery records, and reporting requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (inclusive but not exhaustive):
- Consistently interact with clients using person-centered and Strength’s based approach while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Collaborate with community partners to identify families and/or individuals who are experiencing homelessness (or at-risk of homelessness).
- Conduct screenings and determine if families or individuals meet program eligibility requirements.
- Assist in housing identification, applications, move-ins, and housing sustainability.
- Communicate professionally and appropriately with property managers to maintain strong partnerships.
- Provide comprehensive case management services for diverse populations living in poverty, including people with mental health and substance use disorders.
- Meet regularly to assess clients’ needs and provide appropriate case management to address those needs linking clients to Caritas of Austin’s programs and other agency programs.
- Ensure that clients’ are safe and linked to appropriate resources following any crises.
- Facilitate and coordinate access to mental health, substance use, and physical health services.
- Develop and monitor individual housing services plans with a general goal of housing stability.
- Once client is housed, 50% or more of meetings will be held within the client’s home or in a community space.
- Transport clients to agencies and services, as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention, as needed.
- Work with Caritas of Austin’s Community Housing Specialists and community housing programs/property managers to identify and secure safe, affordable housing for clients.
- Build relationships with other service providers that serve the target populations.
- As appropriate, work collaboratively with Caritas of Austin’s Employment Specialists to link clients to employment. Research and stay informed about other local employment resources.
- As appropriate, work collaboratively with Caritas of Austin’s Education Specialists to link clients to education programs. Research and stay informed about other educational resources.
- Be present and active in community-wide activities, meetings, and events.
- Manage case data by entering it in a timely manner into Service Point, the database utilized by Caritas of Austin for the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Regularly prepare and maintain accurate records and reports, following the Caritas of Austin’s Housing Services Department Documentation Guidelines.
- Work with supervisor to create and implement a professional development plan.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Preferred: Degree in social work, public health, counseling or other related fields in the area of human services.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in the area of human services. Includes, social work, psychology, public health and counseling.
- Required: Minimum 1 year employed as a professional case manager working directly with low-income, diverse, and underserved populations in a social services agency.
- Preferred: Past work in housing programs or with people experiencing homelessness; experience working with people with mental health disorders; experience with Crisis Intervention.
- Experience with internet, MS Office, and databases required. HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) experience preferred.
- Bilingual proficiency (English and Spanish or other language) preferred.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Texas driver’s license within 30 days of employment.
- Base Salary Range: $39,000-$48,500.
- The salary offered will follow Caritas of Austin salary guideline based on candidate’s education and experience.
- Employer paid health, dental, vision, life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance for employees.
- 13 Paid Holidays per year.
- 20 days of accrued PTO in year one with increases up to 31 days per year.
- Retirement plan with employer match.
- Discounted Rates on Gold’s Gym and Legal Shield memberships.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Monthly Phone Stipend.
- Monthly Paid Parking for employees who office from Downtown Location.
Caritas of Austin is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please apply here.