Job Title: Food Pantry Specialist
Department: Food Services
Program: Community Access
Reports To: Community Access & Food Services Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Full Time
COVID-19 Vaccine Required but subject to recognized exemptions
The Food Pantry Specialist is an integral part of the Food Services program by providing quality groceries and basic needs items to Caritas clients. The primary role of this position is to coordinate the daily operations and client services of the pantry at Caritas of Austin’s downtown location. The Pantry Specialist coordinates donations, inventory, quality control, and ensures the pantry is in compliance with health and safety measures. In addition, the position works closely with Community Kitchen staff, providing support as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (inclusive but not exhaustive):
- Provide strong customer service and clear communication to clients, visitors, and colleagues.
- Develop and maintain appropriate working relationships with food services volunteers and donors.
- Distribute food and basic needs items to clients within established agency guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety standards.
- Educate clients and staff about other community food resources
Inventory and Maintenance
- Assist Program Manager and Food Services staff in maintaining inventory of Pantry supplies.
- Order, receive, organize, inspect and maintain inventory in the Pantry in accordance with Caritas guidelines (i.e. weighing and checking expiration dates).
- Transport items to/from storage, as needed.
- Maintain general cleanliness and organization of the Pantry area daily.
- Enter donation and food voucher data into database accurately and timely.
Organizational Support Functions
- Participates in Caritas food drives as needed.
- Attends all program and Caritas staff meetings.
- Provide training to new staff about pantry operations.
- Complies with administrative procedures, reporting, and record keeping functions as assigned (e.g. completing donation forms on all donated items).
- Treats clients, staff, volunteers and the general public with courtesy and respect.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Develops an approved plan for professional development, in collaboration with supervisor. This includes attendance at all Caritas staff trainings.
High school diploma or GED.
Minimum of 1 year of professional related experience.
Prior experience in pantry services and/or working with diverse populations preferred.
Required: Bilingual – English/Spanish
Strong customer services
Experience working with diverse population.
Good communication skills
Demonstrated ability to work independently and part of a team.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid food handler permit within 30 days of hire
Must have valid driver’s license
Ability to use Microsoft Excel to record data & create spreadsheets
Ability to use email communication
- Base Salary Range: $33,800-$44,800.
- Employer paid health, dental, vision, life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance for employees.
- 13 Paid Holidays per year.
- 20 days of accrued PTO in year one with increases up to 31 days per year.
- Retirement plan with employer match.
- Discounted Rates on Gold’s Gym and Legal Shield memberships.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Monthly Phone Stipend.
- Monthly Paid Parking for employees who office from Downtown Location.
Caritas of Austin is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.