Position: Hospital Programs Coordinator
Reports To: Volunteer Services Director
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Relevant Work Experience: 2-3 years prior experience
Schedule and Status: Full-time, Exempt; Tues.-Sat. (10am-6pm), flexible as needed, working within the hospital program sites
Hourly Wage: Competitive and Negotiable
Overview: This position is responsible for providing support and assistance in the day-to-day operations of the Hospital Programs in one of two hospital systems (Ascension Seton, or St David’s) located in Austin. Each hospital system contains both Ronald McDonald Family Room (RMFR) and Happy Wheels Cart (HWC) programs. Duties include volunteer training and management for the RMHC CTX programs in each system, administrative support, supply management, and coordination of patient family overnight stays. This position will provide supervisory support to the RMFRs and HWCs in one hospital system, including staffing of shifts for either program and the response to volunteer and guest inquiries and interactions. The Hospital Programs Coordinator will work primarily from the hospital program sites, making periodic visits to the RMHC CTX main offices as needed. This position is an integral part of the RMHC CTX team and is accountable to the CEO for stewardship of the Mission Statement.
Hospital Programs Operations
- Oversee all aspects of volunteer recruitment, orientation, training and ongoing management for Hospital Programs volunteers at assigned hospital system.
- Responsible for the day-to-day interaction with volunteers, including scheduling and coordination of filling open shifts.
- Assist in appreciation efforts for volunteers, including thank you notes, Volunteer Appreciation Week and anniversary letters.
- Support overall volunteer program initiatives by working with other RMHC CTX staff including assisting with volunteer inquiries, data entry and other administrative tasks.
- Provide support at Special Events as needed.
- Responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of Austin RMFRs and HWCs, including coordinating shift coverage when volunteers are not available, and staffing shifts when needed.
- Provide a supportive role with families, promoting a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- Responsible for managing food and supply inventory for RMFRs and HWCs, including in-kind donations, wish list drives, as well as delivery, storage, and acknowledgement of all supplies.
- Responsible for data entry into the RMHC CTX database and for maintaining accurate guest and volunteer records within the various online systems used to manage the information
- Manage satisfaction survey data entry and analysis.
- Assist in the management of guest relations, assuring compliance with RMHC CTX policies and procedures.
- Promote the hospital programs to hospital patients, families, staff and volunteers.
- Work closely with various departments within each medical facility to ensure hospital programs are running at optimum efficiency.
- Plan and participate in community outreach efforts organized by the assigned hospital system to represent RMHC CTX and communicate mission and needs.
- Act as liaison with all referral sources, principally hospital staff and families.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Passion for the mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas.
- 2-3 years of experience in a customer facing customer service or support type position dealing with many different people frequently. Preferred work experience in roles where creating a high level, high touch customer experience was expected and well executed.
- Adhere to RMHC CTX policies & procedures and enforcement of such when required.
- Strong skills in interpersonal interactions, flexibility and the ability to exercise authority & sound decision-making.
- Ability to respond to and handle emergency situations & conflict management
- Proficient handling multiple tasks & projects with attention to detail
- Self-motivated & ability to work independently with strong organizational skills
- Must exhibit the following: patience, compassion, outgoing, tactful, flexibility, positivity, discretion and professional in manner. Presents a professional image and works well under pressure of constant customer contact or with difficult people.
- Demonstrates warm, supportive and cheerful behavior consistently.
- Ability to function responsibly and autonomously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Dependable, flexible and highly sensitive to, and supportive of, the mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities.
- Must have reliable form of transportation and able to commute up to 15 miles regularly.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, experience with Google Apps, Slack & Trello preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. More in-depth information can be found in SOP's, working guidelines, policies, etc.
Where permitted by applicable law, the successful candidate must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for any position at Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
RMHC is committed to equal employment opportunity both in principal and in fact. All employment decisions including, without limitation, decisions regarding recruitment, selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, advancement, discipline, termination, layoff, return from layoff, and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment, are based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other status not listed here protected by law. In addition, RMHC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to work off shift hours when needed.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com