Job Title: Housing Stability Coordinator
Department: Housing Stability
Program: Client Services
Reports To: Housing Stability Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Full Time
COVID-19 Vaccine Required but subject to recognized exemptions
The Housing Stability Coordinator provides rapid re-housing services to person’s experiencing homelessness, with an ultimate goal of stabilizing them in their housing situation. Direct service responsibilities include: determination of eligibility for housing services; assessment of needs; intensive case management; supportive services and referrals to appropriate agencies that can address program participants’ needs related to housing, income and well-being. The Coordinator is responsible for maintaining accurate financial assistance records, service delivery records, and reporting requirements.
This position is also responsible for the daily supervision of housing stability peer support specialist, submitting reports, monitoring data and documentation quality, and grant compliance. The Coordinator works closely with the Housing Stability Program Manager in program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (inclusive but not exhaustive):
- Consistently interact with clients using person-centered and Strength’s based approach while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Collaborate with community partners to identify families and/or individuals who are experiencing homelessness (or at-risk of homelessness).
- Conduct screenings and determine if families or individuals meet program eligibility requirements.
- Assist in housing identification, applications, move-ins, and housing sustainability.
- Provide comprehensive case management services for diverse populations living in poverty, including people with mental health and substance abuse disorders.
- Meet regularly to assess clients’ needs and provide appropriate case management to address those needs linking clients to Caritas of Austin’s programs and other agency programs.
- Ensure that clients’ are safe and linked to appropriate resources following any crises.
- Facilitate and coordinate access to mental health, substance abuse, and physical health services.
- Develop and monitor individual housing services plans with a general goal of housing stability.
- Once client is housed, 50% or more of meetings will be held within the client’s home or in a community space.
- Transport clients to agencies and services, as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention, as needed.
- Ensure program compliance with grant requirements.
- Management of client services budgets to ensure compliance with budget limits, and agency/funder fiscal policies and procedures.
- Provide daily supervision to housing stability peer support specialist, including support in crisis intervention.
- Directly supervise AmeriCorps and Peer Support Specialist on Housing Stability team.
- A minimum of 10% of time will be spent on developing and maintaining relationships with groups in the local community or elsewhere that can assist with client resources.
- As appropriate, work collaboratively with Caritas of Austin’s Education Specialists to link clients to education programs. Research and stay informed about other educational resources.
- Be present and active in community-wide activities, meetings, and events.
- Possess expertise knowledge about BSS+ program and ESG guidelines; responsible for fielding questions from Housing Stability team in regards to program guidelines and allowable costs
- Assists with staff recruitment, screening, selecting, hiring and training process
- Perform other duties as required.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree; social work or a related degree preferred
- Preferred: Master’s degree in social work or a related field; social work license
- Minimum of 2 years of related professional case manager experience required.
- Experience directly assisting low-income, diverse and underserved populations in a social service agency.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience required.
- Past work in housing programs or with people experiencing homelessness experience with Crisis Intervention preferred.
- Experience with internet, MS Office, various software, excel spreadsheets, databases
- HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) helpful.
- Preferred - Bilingual proficiency (English and Spanish or other language)
- Must possess a valid driver's license and dependable transportation. Client transport will be necessary.
- Base Salary Range: $39,000-$54,000.
- Employer paid health, dental, vision, life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance for employees.
- 13 Paid Holidays per year.
- 20 days of accrued PTO in year one with increases up to 31 days per year.
- Retirement plan with employer match.
- Discounted Rates on Gold’s Gym and Legal Shield memberships.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Monthly Phone Stipend.
- Monthly Paid Parking for employees who office from Downtown Location.
Caritas of Austin is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.