Job Title: Housing Stability Program Manager
Department: Client Services
Program: Housing Stability
Reports To: Deputy Director, Rapid Re-housing & Integrated Services
FLSA Status: Exempt/Full Time
COVID-19 Vaccine Required but subject to recognized exemptions
This position is responsible for administering the Housing Stability Program. The Program Manager is responsible for directly supervising program coordinator(s) and case managers providing wraparound services to clients experiencing a housing crisis. The Program Manager serves as client services backup when needed, and does very limited casework in the department. Housing Stability services are designed using a Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) model.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (inclusive but not exhaustive):
- Work with Deputy Director in program development and monitoring, including goal setting.
- Ensure program compliance with grant requirements.
- Prepare regular reports as necessary for internal and funding source requirements.
- Management of program and client services budgets to ensure compliance with budget limits, and agency/funder fiscal policies and procedures.
- Work with ECHO on Coordinated Entry referral process for new clients and coordination of services.
- Oversee and manage program grievances, per Caritas policy.
- With input from the deputy director, make Housing Stability decisions regarding hiring, performance evaluations, promotion, disciplinary action, etc.
- Develop implement, and routinely update training protocol for case managers and other applicable positions.
- Develop, implement, and oversee effective case management backup system.
- Maintain regular supervision and team meetings.
- Participate in agency-wide planning and training functions.
- Comply with administrative procedures, reporting, and record keeping policies.
- Collaborate with other staff to ensure inter- and intra-departmental coordination.
- Participate in community-wide coordination and training with regard to housing stability services.
- Occasionally, program manager may need to serve as Housing Stability case management backup.
- Serve on committees / task groups pertinent to Housing Stability, Rapid Re-Housing, and Coordinated Assessment.
- Establish and monitor caseload levels for all case managers.
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and/or federal funder requirements for client services.
- Respond to client grievances.
- Ensure that relevant client services data is entered accurately and timely into HMIS and/or other necessary data management systems.
- Oversee the matching and supervision of volunteers supporting Housing Stability clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned by directors.
- Design an approved plan for professional development.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, public health, counseling or other related fields in the area of human services from an accredited college or university.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in social work, psychology, public health, counseling or other related fields in the area of human services from an accredited college or university.
- Preferred: Licensure in LMSW, LCSW, LPC or LCDC.
- Required: MUST have minimum three (3) years management and supervisory experience.
- Required: MUST have minimum three (3) years’ experience in the provision of client services e.g., case management experience, working with people experiencing homelessness or experience with Crisis Intervention.
- Preferred: Knowledge of and/or experience with Housing First, Rapid Rehousing.
- Experience with internet, MS Office, various software, excel spreadsheets, databases
- HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) helpful.
- Base Salary Range: $56,000-$64,000.
- Employer paid health, dental, vision, life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance for employees.
- 13 Paid Holidays per year.
- 20 days of accrued PTO in year one with increases up to 31 days per year.
- Retirement plan with employer match.
- Discounted Rates on Gold’s Gym and Legal Shield memberships.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Monthly Phone Stipend.
- Monthly Paid Parking for employees who office from Downtown Location.
Caritas of Austin is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please click here to apply.