Job Title: Housing Stability Specialist
Department: Client Services
Reports To: Housing Stability Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Full Time
COVID-19 Vaccine Required but subject to recognized exemptions
The Housing Stability Specialist provides rapid re-housing services to low-income individuals and families that have experienced homelessness, with an ultimate goal of stabilizing them in their housing situation. Direct service responsibilities include: determination of eligibility for housing services; assessment of needs; intensive case management; supportive services and referrals to appropriate agencies that can address program participants’ needs related to housing, income and well-being. The Housing Stability Specialist is responsible for maintaining accurate financial assistance records, service delivery records, and reporting requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (inclusive but not exhaustive):
- Consistently interact with youth using person-centered and strength-based approaches while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Collaborate with community partners to identify families and/or individuals who are experiencing homelessness (or at-risk of homelessness).
- Provide comprehensive case management services for diverse populations living in poverty, including people with mental health and substance abuse disorders.
- Meet regularly to assess clients’ needs and provide appropriate case management to address those needs, linking clients to Caritas of Austin’s programs and other agency programs.
- Develop and monitor individual housing services plans with a general goal of housing stability.
- Maintain a caseload of up to 17.
- A minimum of 10% of time will be spent on developing and maintaining relationships with groups in the local community or elsewhere that can assist with client resources.
- Manage case data by entering it in a timely manner into Service Point, the database utilized by Caritas of Austin for the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Transport clients to agencies and services as needed.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Social work or related degree preferred.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in social work or related field and social work license.
- Minimum 1 year employed as a professional case manager assisting low-income, diverse, and underserved populations in a social services agency required.
- Past case management experience in housing programs or with people experiencing homelessness preferred.
- Crisis management experience preferred.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Texas driver’s license within 30 days of employment.
- Experience with internet, MS Office, and databases required. HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) experience preferred.
- Bilingual proficiency (English and Spanish or other language) preferred.
- Base Salary Range: $39,000-$45,000.
- Employer paid health, dental, vision, life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance for employees.
- 13 Paid Holidays per year.
- 20 days of accrued PTO in year one with increases up to 31 days per year.
- Retirement plan with employer match.
- Discounted Rates on Gold’s Gym and Legal Shield memberships.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Monthly Phone Stipend.
- Monthly Paid Parking for employees who office from Downtown Location.
Caritas of Austin is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please click here to apply.