Job Title: Screening & Assessment Specialist
Department: Client Services
Program: SSVF (Supportive Services for Veteran Families)
Reports To: SSVF Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Full Time
COVID-19 Vaccine Required but subject to recognized exemptions
The Supported Service for Veteran Families (SSVF) Screening and Assessment Specialist conducts screening for the department by screening and assessing received referrals for services to determine client eligibility for the SSVF rapid rehousing program. Duties include attending community meetings, conducting telephone and in-person screening and assessment interviews, scheduling appointments, providing information to clients and community agencies, performing client services data input functions, and determining eligibility for the SSVF program under agency policies and priorities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (inclusive but not exhaustive):
- Provide screening and assessment, information, material, and referral services for individuals received from Coordinated Entry.
- Provide appropriate information, material, or referral to community resources for people who are not eligible for SSVF services. Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Austin/Travis county resources.
- Create internal referral and schedule intake appointment on appropriate Veteran Specialist(s) caseload.
- Regularly participate in community program staffing for the purpose of providing information on clients receiving SSVF services at Caritas of Austin. Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all agency handouts and resource files.
- Input client data into ServicePoint system as directed and utilize system when determining client eligibility.
- Maintain current resource materials.
- Assist with compiling statistics for program specific reports (such as current client list).
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all client/visitor information.
- Develop and approved plan for professional development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or other human service related field preferred.
- At least one year in the area of social services or intensive customer service in a corporate setting.
- Ability to communicate concisely and effective in English.
- Ability interview persons and analyze information to determine eligibility for program.
- Ability to work under pressure, balance distractions, and manage anxious/angry callers.
- Ability to effectively organize and maintain large amounts of paperwork.
- Experience working with various software programs: word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Base Salary Range: $39,000 - $45,000.
- Employer paid health, dental, vision, life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance for employees.
- 13 Paid Holidays per year.
- 20 days of accrued PTO in year one with increases up to 31 days per year.
- Retirement plan with employer match.
- Discounted Rates on Gold’s Gym and Legal Shield memberships.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Monthly Phone Stipend.
- Monthly Paid Parking for employees who office from Downtown Location.
Caritas of Austin is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please apply here.