Job Title: Supported Employment Specialist
Department: Client Services
Reports To: Employment Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Full Time
COVID-19 Vaccine Required but subject to recognized exemptions
This is a full-time grant funded position and is contingent upon renewal of the grant. The Employment Specialist is responsible for all aspects of service delivery to individuals referred to the Employment Program. This includes development of customized employment plans for individuals and placing them in the most appropriate employment setting. This position will be serving a vulnerable population who have experienced homelessness, and requires the Employment Specialist to work closely with staff and community agencies to coordinate additional services. Besides providing employment services, the Employment Specialist will approve the individuals for employment related financial assistance and perform other duties as assigned. This position requires maintenance of client files with detailed documentation of service delivery.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (inclusive but not exhaustive):
- Conducts intake & assessment.
- Develops structured individual employment and self-sufficiency service plan for each client, addressing and assisting client to recognize their interests, strengths, needs, deficits, and goals towards employment.
- Trains client on effective interviewing skills, resume writing, vocational trainings and job coaching.
- Provides information to clients about educational opportunities, including vocational and training programs and college courses relevant to client goals.
- Consistently and accurately completes data entry of client information using the agency and HMIS database systems.
- Maintains file with record of relevant financial assistance, intake, assessment, payments, and other required documents and closes files in a timely manner.
- Refers clients to other programs if there is an unmet need.
- Participates in and assists with organization planning and training functions.
- Develops an approved plan for professional development.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Business administration, human resources, social work, psychology, sociology, education, international studies or other business and/or human services related degree preferred.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree Business administration, human resources, social work, psychology, sociology, education, international studies or other business and/or human services related degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience providing career services, people development and working with diverse populations and clients with barriers required.
- Must have dependable transportation.
- Experience with internet, MS Office, and databases required. HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) experience preferred.
- Base Salary Range: $39,000-$45,000.
- Employer paid health, dental, vision, life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance for employees.
- 13 Paid Holidays per year.
- 20 days of accrued PTO in year one with increases up to 31 days per year.
- Retirement plan with employer match.
- Discounted Rates on Gold’s Gym and Legal Shield memberships.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Monthly Phone Stipend.
- Monthly Paid Parking for employees who office from Downtown Location.
Caritas of Austin is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please apply here.