WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Bus Drivers who want to drive their career forward! Capital Metro is looking for candidates who want to make a positive difference and serve their community through transportation. No CDL? No problem! We can help you obtain your CDL during your PAID training.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
• Operates various types of transit buses in accord with Capital Metro Transportation Authority and our third-party service provider, MV Transportation's policies, directives and procedures and in compliance with Federal and Texas laws and regulations.
• Maintains a working knowledge of current bus routes and stops within the service area as well as the current fare structure and bus pass programs.
• Conducts self in an appropriate manner at all times, while working in a diverse environment, assuring a professional quality of service to all external and internal customers.
• Provides assistance to disabled customers, including assistance in boarding and de-boarding, safely securing wheelchairs and announcing stops.
• Performs various physical duties to successfully complete job responsibilities. These can include but are not limited to, boarding and de-boarding transit buses, operating the wheelchair lift/ramp, assisting mobility impaired passengers board or de-board transit buses, securing wheelchairs using a restraint system, lifting the bike rack, lifting baggage compartment doors as may be required.
MV DRIVERS ARE:
Committed to helping others with a smile and positive attitude every day
Dedicated and punctual individuals with a strong work ethic
Responsible for passenger, community, and personal safety
Always friendly and deliver safe, reliable, transportation in a drug free work environment
WHAT YOU BRING
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must pass a drug screen and physical
• Hold a current and valid Driver license
• Demonstrate excellent customer service
• Must be able to communicate in English; written and verbal
• No resume necessary
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
• $22.66/hour starting pay
• Up to $5,000 Hiring Bonus!
• $7,000 Relocation Assistance available for qualified candidates
• $250 Perfect Attendance Bonus
• Refer your Friends and Family and get up to $1,000!
• Paid Training, Guaranteed Hours, plus Overtime
• Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
• 14 Paid Holidays including your Birthday and Anniversary Date!
• 4% 401k Contribution
• CDL training is provided for all non-CDL drivers without Passenger Endorsement
• Full-time drivers assigned regular routes are eligible for weekly pay guarantees
• Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, & Disability coverage for eligible employees
• Strict cleaning and sanitizing protocols are in place to protect all employees and passengers
• Free personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, sanitizer, etc.) provided
• Free COVID-19 vaccinations
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.